BMW, Mitsubishi, Nissan & Tesla included in shortlist for 2014 Low Carbon Champions Awards
Following a record number of entries, this year’s awards will be presented at Cenex’s Low Carbon Vehicle (LCV) Event’s sell-out gala dinner at Jury’s Inn, Milton Keynes.
The Master of Ceremonies will be the actor Robert Llewellyn, a green vehicle enthusiast, best known for his role as Kryten in BBC's Red Dwarf and for presenting Channel 4's Scrapheap Challenge.
Awards categories and shortlist:
1. Low Carbon Car / Van Manufacturer of the Year (Sponsor: EDF Energy)
Shortlisted: BMW Group; Mitsubishi Motors in the UK; Nissan Motor GB; Tesla Motors Ltd
2. Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year (Sponsor: Michelin)
Shortlisted: BYD Europe BV; Iveco UK; Wrightbus
3. Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year (Sponsor: Gas Bus Alliance)
Shortlisted: Eddie Stobart; Reading Buses; Tesco
4. Low Carbon Fuel Initiative of the Year
Shortlisted: Gas Bus Alliance; Gasrec; Commercial & the London Hydrogen Network Expansion
5. 2014 Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME (Sponsor: Transport Systems Catapult)
Shortlisted: Celtic Renewables; Revolve Technologies; The Dearman Engine Company
6. Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year (Sponsor: Transport Scotland)
Shortlisted: Eco Travel Network; Milton Keynes Council; Transport & Environment (T&E)
7. 2014 Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report
Shortlisted: Cambridge Econometrics; Electric Vehicles Initiative and International Energy Agency (IEA); Transport & Environment with Malcolm Fergusson Special awards categories: (No shortlist; winners announced on the night)
8. Outstanding Individual in Promoting Low Carbon Transport (Sponsor: Robert Bosch)
9. ‘Grand Prix’: Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport (Sponsor: Millbrook)
LowCVP managing director Andy Eastlake said: ‘The record number of entries, as well as their quality and diversity, show that the UK’s low carbon vehicles sector is full of vibrancy and innovation. ‘This year’s winners and short-listed entrants can be truly proud of their achievements in the face of some tough competition.’
The Low Carbon Champions Awards will be presented on the evening of the first day of Cenex’s LCV 2014 event which is being held at Millbrook Proving Ground on 10-11 September.For more of the latest industry news, click here.