- 25 Aug 2016 16:04 Kia launches 37g/km Optima PHEV
- 24 Aug 2016 12:28 Daimler and BYD launch 250-mile EV in China
- 24 Aug 2016 11:38 New battery technology offers refuel-like charging times
- 24 Aug 2016 09:41 380-mile range for biggest-ever Tesla Model S battery
- 23 Aug 2016 09:35 Australian state commits to low-emission targets for government fleet
All-Tesla chauffeur operator starts up in London
Currently invite only – with applications available on its website – Gliide is said to be user-friendly, affordable and environmentally sound, helped by advanced booking technology to offer a completely zero-emission transportation service.
The company says it can help organisations and individuals decrease their environmental impact and lower their expenditure by passing on the savings made from using electricity instead of petrol or diesel.
Gliide's key features include:
- Ability to book, track and pay for a journey all within the dedicated mobile app or corporate booking portal
- Fixed pricing
- Upfront quotes, no hidden charges or extra costs
- Secure cashless payments via credit or debit card
- Receipts via email
- Up to 50% cheaper than a black cab
- Friendly professional chauffeur service
- Safest vehicles in UK
The firm has been founded by Mark Waters and Andy Phillips, with Jonathan Broom, former cofounder of Ecoigo (an environmentally conscious chauffeur and private hire service), now appointed as their head of operations.
Waters said: 'We're at a time when air pollution is at an all time high, fuel costs are ever increasing and pressure is growing for transport to move toward a more sustainable format. However despite this pressure and with the availability of renewable energy and viable pure-electric vehicles, there have up until now been no providers offering such a service. Gliide offers customers and organisations not only a more memorable experience by providing a refined yet low-cost service but give people the chance to directly contribute towards the future modernisation of road-based transport.’
To find out more, contact the company on twitter @GliideUK or register your interest at http://gliide.co